Hasselt University is a young, dynamic centre of expertise for teaching, research and service provision. It regards it as its social responsibility to contribute actively to a sustainable and innovative region. It aspires to be a hub in this innovation web. Hasselt University therefore attaches great importance to cooperation with other centres of expertise, companies, government agencies and organisations in Limburg and beyond.
As one of the drivers of regional innovation, Hasselt University focuses specifically on:
● educating students so that they become highly skilled, employable professionals;
● conducting applied and fundamental research in specific fields
● and encouraging practical applications from that research;
● spreading its knowledge and expertise through collaboration with industry and other external partners;
● developing foreign partnerships.
● Basic principles in the implementation of these key roles are academic and scientific freedom, social engagement, attention to ethical standards and awareness of wider implications – without ideological discrimination.
For Hasselt University, the development of the human potential of all its students and staff comes first.