San Jorge University, located in Villanueva de Gállego on the outskirts of the city of Zaragoza, was founded in 2005 and forms part of the San Valero Group, a group of education institutions led by Fundación San Valero, a non-for-profit centre with over 60 years of history working within different levels and types of secondary, further and higher education and life-long training.
The mission of all the institutions that form part of the San Valero Group is to contribute towards the sustainable development of society through an integral education, that allows people to address professional challenges according to the needs of the environment.
San Jorge University currently has more than 2000 undergraduate, Masters and PhD students in three different centres: Faculty of Health Sciences, Faculty of Communication and Social Sciences and School of Architecture and Technology.
The teaching and learning model of San Jorge University is based around six distinct elements:
• The integral education of the person, present in the curriculum of each programme (personal project and professional project).
• A culture of service to those around us through the integration of Service Learning in the curriculum and the promotion of voluntary work with the University community.
• The personalised attention of the student through the commitment of the teaching staff to attain positive results in the application of the tutorial action plan.
• Teaching innovation and the integration of new technologies in order to constantly improve the learning experiences of our students.
• The internationalisation of the study programmes with the objective of preparing the student for an increasingly international and global employment market.
• Links to the industrial and business community, encouraging the participation of visiting professionals in teaching activities and in the development of real undergraduate and postgradute projects in collaboration with companies and institutions.
The Villanueva de Gállego University Campus has cutting edge installations and teaching and learning resources as well as a sports campus where our students can participate in a wide range of sporting activities.